My name is Dhanraj Padmashali.
My first job was at a small (and a really cool) startup where I learned to design and build Android and Web applications from the ground-up. I briefly freelanced when I was travelling in Singapore for a couple of months, and contributed to building an internal audit tool for one of the top banks in Asia. I also designed and developed a live tracking platform using Google Maps API and Socket.IO capable of tracking hundreds of vehicles near real-time. Currently, I work at Condé Nast as a Software Engineer, where I collaborate on building consumer revenue products for brands like The New Yorker, Vogue and more.
Outside of work, I spend time on completing my numerous side projects, contribute a little to open-source, and try to help people on Stack Overflow. Love playing video games. I am currently playing No Man's Sky and Control on my Xbox One S. I plan on upgrading to a Series X (whenever that thing is in stock ◉◉)_.
I read a lot of science fiction novels, and 2001: A Space Odyssey currently tops my list. Apart from novels, I'm also a huge comic book nerd. DC > Marvel
Feel free to reach out if you want to talk about work, technology or just geek out in general ;)
- Collaborating on building consumer revenue products, working closely with Product Managers, Engineering Managers and various other stakeholders across Condé Nast.
- Optimized server query response time from 17ms to 3ms by restructuring API at NodeJS proxy layer.
- Collaborated with DevSecOps to optimize build and deployment pipelines, which helped reduce the time to setup a new infrastructure for test-driven deployment of web applications and NodeJS applications.
- Spearheaded a team of 5 developers, following Agile Methodologies to effectively design, develop and test Angular based web applications, with 100% on time delivery.
- Built, tested and deployed scalable, high availability, modular and secure web applications with emphasis on user accessibility, based on ReactJS and Angular frameworks.
- Developed a Live Tracking Platform using NodeJS and Socket.io to provide near real time tracking of on-road vehicles using OBD systems, and rendered the data on the front-end using Google Maps APIs.
- Designed & developed telematics products, from the Android app in Java, to web applications in ReactJS and Angular, and several backend systems in NodeJS which required rapid transition between different technologies.
- Helped formulate and document software development and deployment best practices, by sharing sample code changes from various development teams within the organization.
- Integrated REST APIs for Android & Angular based Web apps to consume JSON data and developed reusable code and libraries to facilitate smooth future usage.
- Improved application resiliency by setting up a pre-commit hook to run tests, before code is committed and pushed to reduce the risk of breaking live production applications after enabling new features and bug fixes.
- Designed and Built an all in one Cloud Storage application using APIs from Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox.
- Built prototypes for Android and Web applications integrating with 3rd party APIs for modules pertaining to User Identity Management using Google, Facebook, Microsoft APIs.